Roof Maintenance Services - Bonney Lake Roof Repair
Ongoing roof care is an excellent way to protect your home and its belongings. It is all about safeguarding your expensive investment. When your roof is properly maintained, you get not only a longer roof's life expectancy but also the ability to plan for large roofing needs.
When your roof begins to leak heavily and there has been no huge event to blame, it could indicate that it has reached a point of significant damage. And when this happens, you'll have to pay for extensive and costly repairs. This may have been avoided if you had an ongoing roof care contract with a competent roofing company.
It's never a good idea to worry about the roof only when you have an issue or when a huge natural disaster is approaching. Take precautions at home. When you choose a Seattle roof maintenance contractor from Bonney Lake Roofing, you'll get a comprehensive maintenance plan tailored to your specific needs.
Roof Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning and upkeep are required for all things to function properly, and your roof is no exception. Your roof is your home's first line of protection against the elements, and as such, it typically takes the brunt of the abuse. If your roof is not properly maintained in the Pacific Northwest, it is more likely to break sooner due to the variable temperatures, significant tree covering, and heavier rainfall.
Asphalt shingles, wood shakes, and concrete tiles are all susceptible to common issue spots, such as around skylights, vents, and chimneys. Damaged flashing and sealants that are designed to keep water out are usually the source of these problems. Weathering, moss, and tree leaves can harm the flashing and the shingles themselves over time. Shingles can crack or shatter, allowing water to seep into the roof layers below and eventually into the house or business.
The National Roofing Contractors Association recommends that your roof be thoroughly inspected AT LEAST once a year to protect your investment. If done correctly, an inspection and regular maintenance program will not only extend the life of your roof, but it will also detect minor problems before they become widespread and costly.
How To Know When Your Roof Needs Maintenance?
The NRCA advises an annual inspection and maintenance, as stated previously. This could or could not be true for YOUR roof. The following are some things to think about when deciding whether your roof needs to be inspected:
- Evergreen needles or leaves are accumulating on your roof and in your gutters. (Water is trapped by leaves, pine needles, twigs, or silt buildup, which causes a capillary action in which water seeps beneath the tiles or shingles and into the residence.)
- Gutters clogged (Gutters clogged with debris will slow drainage or cause water to backup giving it time to seep through and cause leaks.)
- Your roof is covered in moss and algae.
- You live in a location with a lot of wind.
- Every year, snow and ice accumulate on your property.
- Your roof is older than five years.
- You have a greater than ten-year-old brick or stone chimney.
- You have skylights that are over ten years old.